The 2020 OCVN Class in Hocking County has reached capacity and is closed. The next class will be offered in 2022.
OSU Extension, Hocking County will hold an Ohio Certified Naturalist Volunteer Class (OCVN) in spring 2020, in conjunction with the Hocking Hills Region OCVN Chapter. The course will run from April 11 through May 30, 2020. Applications are currently being accepted and an invoice for payment will be due once acceptance letters are mailed. The cost of the class is $180. The deadline to submit an application is February 14, 2020.There is a class limit of 20 participants. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Fillable 2020 OCVN Application
- Pdf version of the 2020 OCVN Application
- 2020 Class Brochure
- 2020 Class Schedule with times
To become an Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalist you must:
- Complete 40 hours of instruction
- Perform 40 hours of approved volunteer service within the first year
- After certification, 20 hours of volunteer service and 8 hours of continuing education are required annually
If you have additional questions you may contact Allen Fawley, Extension Educator, at 740-385-3222 or via email at email@example.com.